View Single Post
Old 11-13-08, 06:37 PM   #6
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Dear Mum
Finally bagged myself a Jerry! But not after giving my poor old fitter another nervous breakdown!
Hunter had survived his mid-air collision, he was in good spirits as we took to the sky again, it was one of those slow days, you know the type Mum, where everything seems to drag past like a slideshow. Hunter said something about the Gods downloading something, but I'm not sure what he meant. Anyway, no sooner had we taken off into some horrible weather (I thought France and Belgium were supposed to have nice summers? This was like a holiday at Skegness!) then we ran into some Stukas and Ju-88s, twin engined bombers those 88s but those Jerries throw them around the sky like fighters, I don't know how they do it.
All this cloud though meant that it wasn't long before I lost Hunter, he went off and did quite well for himself, I found Fin and Taskforce in their Spitfires and followed them for a while and then stumbled across Hunter again. We closed in on some Stukas who were targetting our base, ironic really, they lead us home. We curved into the cloud to get them but as we did, Hunter hit one in the cloud and went down, he got out alright though but it was a horrible prang. I got up behind one of the Stukas and emptied my entire magazine into him, but he must have been too far away because it didn't do anything. His rear-gunner on the other hand shot up my cockpit, busted my flight panel and destroyed my elevators. I wasn't going to be able to land in that shape, so I had to bail. The fitter reckons that Hawker are going to run out of Hurricanes if I keep this up, I think he's joking...
Second sortee, we went up and headed out to find some Stukas over Bastogne, we found them just fine and both myself and Hunter got a kill each before we ran out of ammunition and had to come home. A group of Heinkels and 109s had had a spot of fun over our base, Fin and Taskforce had engaged them with their Spitfires, Fin did well but Taskforce caught the raw end of a 109. I tell you something about those Stukas Mum, something a bit fishy in my opinion, you see popular habit has us go at the Stukas from [CENSORED] and [CENSORED] but somehow the Jerries can pivot their guns downwards through their plane to shoot at you. I told the group CO but he doesn't believe me, called me a Flanders Stuka Murderer, whatever that means. One good thing about the He-111s visit though is that they demolished those two-storey houses I crashed into the other day. So hopefully I won't run into those again.
Hope you're in good health, funny you meeting Uncle Anthony again, send him my best regards.
Love
Oberon

Damn those Stuka rear-gunners, they messed up my office!!

Red Leader bags a Stuka while Red Two is showered in bits of Stuka

Red Two gets his Bandit

Taskforce meets his match in a group of Emils

While Fin tackles the 111s

The fitter was so amazed to see myself and Red Leader intact that he took a picture!
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote