Old 02-23-11, 12:11 PM   #2982
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Default someone post a link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Sailor View Post
I will admit I don't have the computer smarts all of you seem to have, in fact I am not good at all. But I really love to play sub sims, especially Sh4 and SC. My overall problem I don't fully grasp how to use JSGME. I have TMO, I show TMO 20 and TMO 20 to 21 but I don't have either completely and I can't figure out what I have done wrong.
I know all of you have tried to help me, and believe me I appreciate it, further more I feel like a complete ass to keep asking for help. Honestly I have felt like giving up and playing what I have, but that is not who I am.
I guess I am asking for a "how to use JSGME for dummies."

Thank you,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)
There is link to a post that show you how to use JGSME, explained via screen shots, and it is pretty simple. Someone should post it here. Either that or search for it using the search button.

Initially, download 7-zip and run the program. You can download it to the C:/programs folder. This is a program that will help you extract your download files. You can find a link to it in Neal Stevens' popular mod sticky in the mods forum. Download and run it. Then forget about it unless you computer gives a choice of programs later, and if it does, select it.

In short, first download JGSME and put it in the SH4 folder (the main folder). C:/Ubisoft/SH4/JGSME.) Run the program, and create a shortcut which you then drag to the desktop. Leave the shortcut on the desktop (forever.) Open the JGSME shortcut folder on your desktop, and keep it open while you activate a mod. The opened JGSME shortcut folder will display a right and a left column. The left column is the location for mods that have not been activated. Since you have not moved any mods to JGSME yet, both columns will be empty.

Next, download a mod of your choice to the Mods folder (which is created when you run the JGSME program I believe) and extract the downloaded mod file there. Until it is extracted it should be bundled in a 7-zip file. Right click the 7 zip icon and extract the mod to the MODS folder. Upon extracting the downloaded mod, you will see a folder with name of the mod (ie. Ubisoft/SH4/Mods/TMO2.0.) Next, drag the mod folder (e.g. TMO2.0) across the JGSME program that you have opened on the desktop per the instruction in the preceding paragraph. The mod folder's name should appear in the left column of JGSME, which means that JGSME has accpeted the folder, but not activated it. Now (and you are about done), click on the arrow in JGSME program to transfer the TMO2.0 mod from the left side (not activated) to the right side of JGSME (activated.) Viola! The mod is activated. Run the game. TMO2.0 should show up on the loading screen. (Mods which are not supermods usually do not show up on the loading screen, but you can tell that they have been activated since they are in the right column of JGSME.)

You can do this. Thousand have done it before you. It will seem like a piece of cake once you get the hang of it.

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 02-23-11 at 04:15 PM.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote