View Single Post
Old 05-23-06, 04:03 PM   #13
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hi Egan! didn't some one do a cowboy "commandos" type clone a while back? was that any good?-- know what you mean about an rpg cowboy set tho--whilst i was riding the horse around in oblivion i thought the same thing---perfect for high plains drifter type rpg stuff--i can't quite understand the whole aversion to the wild west in games i suppose folks are a little shy of tackling the whole indian war area- can't think what else it might be---but i'm sure they could do a Shane type rpg with-out offending any one--the only thing i don't like about the trad PC rpgs is the level up stuff--- i was happily wading thru ice wind dale when it first came out untill i had a re-occuring nightmare that every time i leveled up--all the enemys leveled up at the same time---woke up in a sweat thinking that means if i get a better sword they get a better sword--if i get a betetr spell they get a better spell--so why bother with leveling up ---all you actually getting is different magic graphics and or weapon effects ..other than that nothings changed--and it's going to be like this the whole length of the game--

mind you ice wind isn't renown for being a top notch rpg--i dunno there's summat missing some where-- SH3 would make a good RPG on the quiet !
with a officers mess and night club and characters/other commanders to chat to--who get patrol results and talk about their experiences--get killed on patrol and so on---it would still be mission based (but so is oblivion at the end of the day) but bags of room for cross overs --

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote