View Single Post
Old 03-30-06, 08:52 PM   #3
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Quote:
If you open the config ini and look for a section called 'Grass' you can change the line

iMinGrassSize=80

To any number between 1 and 200. Increasing the number reduces the denisity of the grass in the game. I have mine at 160 and it runs very nicely, thankyou. Those with stupidly powerful systems could increase it by reducing the number until their machines explode but that way madness lies and we shall not talk of it...

There are two config files. In the main game directory is one which is the default setting and another is in C/doc and settings/my games. I don't know which one has the effect so I just changed both.

Also: the game will attempt to overwrtie this every time it reloads so make sure you change it to read only first.

Hope this helps people with frame rate problems. I had to do it. Once I switched the shadows on and saw how beautiful it looked I couldn;t go back...
Thanks for that Info Egan! Yup this game is a system hogger graphic wise. Im running on my second PC as my faster one i burnt out the mobo when building it So im using me SH3 PC. Athlonxp 2800 overclocked, 786RAM, GF6800GT 256 ram.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote