View Single Post
Old 03-30-06, 01:01 PM   #2
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

My system is 3.8 P4, 6800 ultra and 2 gigs ram and I was, shall we say, surprised by how intensive the game could be graphics-wise, especially deep in the forests.

Here is a handy tip, though, that has helped me boost all the ingame settings up to full (Still a bit of slowdown at times but nothing I can't put up with.)

If you open the config ini and look for a section called 'Grass' you can change the line

iMinGrassSize=80

To any number between 1 and 200. Increasing the number reduces the denisity of the grass in the game. I have mine at 160 and it runs very nicely, thankyou. Those with stupidly powerful systems could increase it by reducing the number until their machines explode but that way madness lies and we shall not talk of it...

There are two config files. In the main game directory is one which is the default setting and another is in C/doc and settings/my games. I don't know which one has the effect so I just changed both.

Also: the game will attempt to overwrtie this every time it reloads so make sure you change it to read only first.

Hope this helps people with frame rate problems. I had to do it. Once I switched the shadows on and saw how beautiful it looked I couldn;t go back...
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote