Thread: FSX Questions
View Single Post
Old 12-16-12, 07:00 AM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Setting up FSX is not a job of just installing, and there you are. Some things are recommended to be tweaked in the config as well, and some recommended settings are unwise to be ignored. Also, an external frame limiter should be used.

So let me ask first: how deep have you dug into FSX? Are you experienced with setting it up, or did you just install it and now are wondering?

Frames also can vary a lot based on scenery. If you use highly detailed addon airports, don'T be surprised if ypour frames when taxiing go down to 15 or even 11, while having them above 30 when flying.

I use supercomplex addon aircraft and plenty of airport sceneries at maximum detail, also weather replacmeent software and clouds maxed out. I can talk you through things you should do, but I need to know where you stand right now.

There should also be setup guides on the web. For starters, check an automatic config tweaker site run by Bojote, google for "venetubo bojote". Follow their advice. Also google for how to limit frames in FSX by an external software. It sounds paradox and counter-productive, but in fact gives you better performance. Do not limit frames from within FSX, that acchieves quite more stress on the system where yoiu wanted to avoid right that. Also, for a start set all traffic - ALL traffic - to zero. If that is good, check what you get when pushing the sliders for airliner traffic and after that general aviation to for example 20 or 30. Reduce cloud distance to 80. Traffic and clouds are known frame hogs.

And name your CPU and OS. FSX depends more on CPU than GFX.

In the nVidia driver you should make sure that you set up FSX leaving control of AA and AF to FSX internal settings, so that you can switch it within the FSX menu. Having a conflict between nVidia's setting and FSX setting can cause trouble.