View Single Post
Old 01-28-18, 10:14 PM   #573
Scotch75
Swabbie

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Hello friends,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been "simming" since the golden era of the C64 and Microprose, playing classics including Silent Service 1 & 2, Red Storm Rising, Pirates, Flight Simulator 2 (SubLogic) and F-19 Stealth Fighter, just to name a few. Now I'm into Flacon4 BMS, DCS, Xplane 11, IL2ClOD, the Silent Hunter series, and I even get into Elite Dangerous every now and then. I also play CodWW2, Star Wars BF2, BF1 and Tomb Raider on Xbox1X.

I my username suggests, I was a Midshipman in the RAN for nearly a year commencing pilot (Birdy!) training until the MedicO's wielded the mighty axe. I transferred over to the RAAF as a military Air Traffic Control Officer where I reached the lofty heights of senior FLTLT during an 8 year career. I then transitioned to civilian ATC which I have been doing for the last 8 years.

I purchased SH4 (retail DVD) about 5 years ago played the vanilla/stock version and enjoyed it. I'm now keen to look at playing a super mod version to see the vast improvements and appreciate the time and effort people put into these old classics to keep them going.

I purchased the SH5 box from Amazon (It came in a pack with Il2CloD and Wings over Europe) about 3 years ago and have never installed it as yet due to the bad press it received. However, looking through the forums it appears there are some awesome mods out for it which I would like to try. I just have a feeling though that it will be a Steam version that installs which appears far harder to mod with that TDW generic patch (when I installed Il2CloD it went straight to a Steam version even from the retail DVD), but I'll give it a try, as I would really like to play the Wolves of Steel mod, although I'm not too computer savvy. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Well, many thanks for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to being part of this great community.

Cheers!

Dave

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM
Scotch75 is offline   Reply With Quote