View Single Post
Old 03-30-08, 09:06 AM   #491
wetwarev7
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Was wondering if anyone has tried to use this version of Silent 3ditor to edit cameras.dat, with SH4 1.5.

I have been pulling my hair out trying to make some changes and it is driving me nuts.

Basically, some of the changes I'm making appear to have non-sensical results. For instance, if I make an alteration to Dummy_Cam_ConningDeck(an exterior camera), it will affect most of the interior cameras as well. Or with others, changes I make that should work(such as rotation restrictions) do not affect the camera at all in-game.

After two days of playing around with all this I am wondering if Silent 3ditor is not saving the file correctly and changes I make to one area are getting written somewhere else.

OR maybe I just don't understand the ID generation process. I make a new ID for any chunks I add in with the ID generator - maybe I'm missing something with that?(Seems straightforward enough, make a new number, cut and paste it into the box)

OR possibly that the SH4 executable ignores large portions of cameras.dat or SOMETHING.

I have even attempted to recreate someone elses work(older version of cameras.dat, but I've gone through nearly line by line and it appears to be identical. Also this older version file works fine in this version of SH4), copying line by line, and I get drastically different results.

I'm hoping someone can give me an idea as to what I'm doing wrong, or tell me it's not me it's the 3ditor :p