View Single Post
Old 10-19-17, 08:05 AM   #5415
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I'm not sure what I would "see" in a Save file, unless we had a template of what they are supposed to have in the save data, so all I would do is compare the files to one of mine. For now, I'll skip trying that, since I do value what's left of my sanity... In the meantime, what date did you start this career, and was your home port, did you transfer anywhere, has your boat changed, did you have other issues with "upgrades" prior to this? I'm going to try some career starts just before some of the "upgrades", and see what happens, but as has been mentioned, I don't think we'll find much useful info, since it's not consistent...
I started my career on December 8, 1941 based at Midway. My first boat was a GAR class. On 10/31/1942 I was offered and accepted the Balao; we were assigned to Pearl as a home base. On 03/15/1942 I requested and was granted a transfer to Midway. We worked out of Midway for the rest of the war.

I've not had any problems with upgrades, at least as long as I stuck to a rear mounted deck gun, which I did throughout this latest career. Everything else has worked as advertised, including upgrades to the aft deck gun, the twin 40's fore and aft, and air and surface radars (at least until the failed ST Periscope radar upgrade.

One question raised by Captain Scurvy I forgot to answer concerned the realism settings for the Sensors. I have always used Realistic Sensors. The only gameplay options I do not use are Manual Targeting, Event Camera, and No External Camera. Everything else has a check mark on the Game Play Options screen. My realism setting comes out to 75%. And I try to put my most experienced crew on the sensors/radio, for obvious reasons.

I have emailed you my setup and SaveGame files from my SH4/data/cfg folder. I hope you can glean something valuable from those by comparing to ones that have a working ST Periscope Radar. Thanks for your time and trouble!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote