View Single Post
Old 10-17-16, 02:38 PM   #323
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDos View Post
Sadly shadows problem is disappeared only by one side..
Thats actually good. Try and compare the two sides, looking for differences in the geometry of the object and/or in the UV map. As I wrote before, smoothing groups should be not relevant, but to be sure have a look into them too. If everything else fails, split the hull model in two halves along the longitudinal axis, scrap the buggy side, mirror the remaning one, and re-weld the two halves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDos View Post
btw emissive effect is really..

Looks amazing. For the sake of realism, the same should be done with ALL the SHIII-IV-5 units to be assigned to the roster of a neutral country. The appearance of shadowed lights can be controlled through start/end dates in eqp file, and using the method of multiple units sharing the same model, every nation could have its own version of the same ship with customized eqp files and start/end dates reflecting their diplomatic stance.

On a side note, do the lighten-up windows in your library file have a reflection model? I am curious to know if emissive materials cast their lights on the water, though I think the answer is yes
gap is offline   Reply With Quote