View Single Post
Old 05-29-19, 10:09 AM   #159
bracer
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by agathosdaimon View Post
okay all works - tested it and sank the cruiser after 267 shots and 2% accuracy - i really need some way to know the approximate range fo the cruiser as i still couldnt really guess by cannon splash allow - if behind or in front i could not tell by how much
Well done! 2% is fairly realistic accuracy! Depending on which distance you were shooting at of course. 😊

Getting the correct distance to target is actually the main challenge, the rest of the info for the fire computer is based on that info.

At great distances it can be hard to see where the splash is in relation to the ship, so you need to work the stereoscopic rangefinder. Your other tool is the radar, although the one implemented at the moment has very low detail scales. So also not good for precise ranges. Not sure if the german ships ever spotted splashes on radar like the americans, but I plan to implement it for the later year models of the radar. Then it gets easy 😊

I usually initiate the battle with rangeing salvoes after taking radar/rangefinder distance, with the separate turrets since individual guns is not available yet. So I shoot 500m past the guessed distance with A turret, on estimated distance with B turret and 500 short of distance with C turret. You then need some luck that the salvo spread is not too wide and you see the splashes infront/behind target.

Quote:
also the cruiser model had some graphical glitching on its hull as it was sinking - i possibly where fire was occurring on the ship
Yes, I have also noted this.

Quote:
also i hope you would implement some way for one to steer the ship while still in the gun director seat, as having to leave and slightly move the ship and then come back and try and reset everything again is not good
I did implement the arrow keys according to your suggestion, but you do not get any visual feedback atm. Try it out! Up/down to change speed order, hold left/right to turn rudder. Missing a center rudder button.

Quote:
also keys for firing the guns - as its impossible to hold the target at a spot and move the cursor over to the fire button at the same time
Agreed, will fix!

Quote:
also with the other location options in teh ship, my POV got stuck in the roof of a room - thats where i started and remained, and the other was in the map room - i say that the keys for these positions are not for fixed positions but simply 3 different POVs and so it just goes back to where i last was with each POV.
Yes, I had some issues here, but did not prioritize it yet since there is nothing of importance in the hallways yet.

I hope you enjoyed the battle!

My WIP Battleship simulator, Battleship Command: Scharnhorst
Want to support the project on Patreon? Here's the link!
bracer is offline   Reply With Quote