View Single Post
Old 09-09-17, 07:52 AM   #38
PL_Harpoon
Engineer

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 4

I've recently tried the new patch and I gotta say I'm very happy with it.

The new crew voices sound a lot better - basically you've made my crew voices mod obsolete which is fine.

I also like that the enemy is now spamming you with torpedoes and it's a bit harder to evade them (at least when they choose to go through the noisemaker).

The new navigation windows are also great. Combined with crew voices they add a lot to immersion. I would've preferred an option to type desired depth/speed like in original RSR but I won't complain about that. The current system is good enough.

There's just a couple of small issues though.
I'd also like to see the realistic tube order. I think it should be like this:
2-1
4-3
etc...

Also regarding torpedoes I think there's a bug with active homing and anechoic coating. As soon as the target reaches it's normal detection range it starts to jump between loosing and regaining contact (looks like it's changing each frame) until it's half way to the target (the range at which it should start homing).
Also, I've said it already (many times actually but it's only because I think it's an important issue), but the torpedo sensors should also be affected by the environment and in case of passive homing - noise of the target.

Other than that, it's a great update and I'm looking forward to the future ones.

Keep it up!
PL_Harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote