View Single Post
Old 10-15-18, 04:05 PM   #38
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I took it with an easy mind, so no apology needed. I hope you have a real world expert and are in therapy. The issue of dissociative disorder is very complex and can result in various symptomatologies, even though some kind of traumata most often is involved as a cause at the beginning. Undealt with, it will detoriate most likely. Therapy is mainly focussed on psychotherapy, though in the beginning chemical support can/will be addeded for initial stabilization. The whole symptomatic complex usually is seen as a psychological defence mechanism, to allow splitting off and isolating traumatic memories, and so psychotherapy indeed is the tool of choice. Can be stationary, or ambulant, it depends on the individual case.

Have (or go and find) an expert, do not deal with it all alone with yourself. You can't, due to the nature of the issue. Your status most likely would detoriate over your life. Disorders of this kind are not known to usually be temporary only and to vanish by themselves again - most likely they will not go away if remaining unadressed, but will persist and worsten. Sorry, but such is the truth.

Go find a professional in real life. First goes somatic "Ausschlußdiagnostik" (thus a medical doctor with additional psychoanalytical title or a neurologhist would be the reocmmended first contact) , second follows psychological diagnosis, and if confirmed: therapy, can be a clincially embedded psychotherapist and a doctor in teamwork , or a psychoanalyst. The physical checkup must go first and have no result, else a diagnosis according to F44 ICD is not possible.

For crisis intervention, you can go directly to a hospital.

Good luck. And find professonal help. I mean it!

Last edited by Skybird; 10-15-18 at 04:15 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote