Old 08-12-10, 07:45 PM   #1433
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghd_2858 View Post
Hi Guys,
I finally decided to join this interesting thread to add some comments (following the process of the add-on for ages now). First of all - Great work. I know multiple people mentioned it already but the sim is definitely greatly improved. I played the original T34vsTiger and gave-up after a couple of hours due to the inaccuracy of the simulation (the standard stuff like getting killed by a T34 from >1000m and not able to knock-out him at the same time etc). I started to play again using ZW free version and really started to enjoy the simulation. Right now I only have a couple of comments/questions...

Comment to the new Tiger model:
I would guess the Tiger should represent the Tiger version used at the time of the Kursk battle, correct? In this case (not aware that somebody else mentioned it before - otherwise forgive me) is the commander cupola incorrect. The German industry developed three different Tiger 1 versions in total. Check out http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/tiger1.htm for more info. The version in use at the time of the battle of Kursk was the initial one with standard wheels and a cylinder shaped copula. The next version used the same wheels but the updated cupola displayed in the simulation. Just a minor thing but probably worthwhile to mention

Question to the donation part:
The current offer will end in January 2011,right? Is there a chance to get the offer updated/extended to get another year of coverage in place? What about different/more offers at all to cover the different aspects of the extensions? I don't want to make it to complicated but at this point in time I find it quite hard to convince people to spend money for less than a half year support left.

Btw. Sorry for my awful language skills.

Welcome ghd_2858,
The one year membership gets you all the work for that year plus support.
However you make a good point and I would consider your ideas on a good
deal that would include next year as well.

You are correct BTW about the Commanders copula being a later version. I
decided to use the stock interior for the time being, until I create
another for the early Tiger.

The new A.I. Tiger:

The Stock Tiger Interior:

The new Playable Tiger with the Stock Interior:

Zur Vorderseite!

ZeeWolf
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote