View Single Post
Old 10-10-17, 08:24 AM   #8
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Aldus Persuasion, in 1992 was many times more powerful than Microsoft Powerpoint is today. Microsoft doesn't innovate, it emasculates and then calls it simplification.

In Persuasion I could independently change font outlines, outline width, outline color separate from font fill color, all in 1992. You can't do that today with Powerpoint. And that's only the beginning of features absolutely missing from the Microsoft product. I've forgotten most of them, I'm sure. But I sure miss the total control of fonts in Persuasion.

As for Microsoft, they lost the handle. They disposed of the one factor that makes a company valuable: its people. it's amazing how a company on top of the world gets a new CEO who promises great profits to investors. He does this by imitating the Worm Ouroboros, which lived by eating it's own tail. Firing more and more employees to eliminate expenses and increase the bottom line, these companies eat their own tail and pretend to be healthy. But they eat more and more of the tail and eventually reach vital organs. Then the company dies.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote