View Single Post
Old 10-07-17, 11:08 AM   #4
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Only because people have their say in public surveys does not tell whether a product is really good, or if they even really mean what they say, or know what they are talking about. Microsoft bashing is as old as Microsoft, and a good part is sheer envy. Still, show me companies who do not use Microsoft products; domain and active directory technology along with the Exchange server paired with iPhone tech is much better than anything else on the market.
You can program Linux to behave like that, but then you have.. what? A clone. Like with those free office suites, which are just older Windows office versions changed a bit so they get no lawsuit. The ideas were and are coming from MS, like it or not.
No, i do not like Win 10, especially since you can only cut the complete transfer of data with the Enterprise edition, which makes no sense for private use. I would have preferred an improved Windows 7.

Germany has tried to switch over to Linux in a lot of ministries and institutions, the result was a big failure, and they went back to MS as fast as possible. Which is of course because people know how to handle MS, but not Linux, it would take some more years to change and adapt.
Apple as an alternative? Don't make me laugh.

Problem for high tech firms or companies like Volkswagen is of course that MS has all kinds of backdoors installed for sniffing on your data, which gives the US companies and secret services etc. an unfair advantage, when it comes to technology, patents and ideas.
But since Trump i guess technology and science are so being cut down that creationism will strive and the stars will become some strange lights in the sky for US citizens anyway

Chrome is secure? In a way that all your data are saved and published already so there is no need for concern anymore?
Edge will not be much better, but it is a fast and lean product, i use it daily since switching to Win 10. I still use Firefox, but maybe to an extent of 10% if at all.

That said, what i mean is they all suck

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote