View Single Post
Old 04-23-13, 05:15 PM   #141
JeromeHeretic
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 266
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
I ask this because one has to set the land spotted TC speed to low so you have time to change course but this causes the terrible TC when traversing the Kiel canal issue.I have my near land TC speed set to 128 and its worlds better but I have also finished patrols only to crash into land.With manual navigation this will become very apparent.
I did my own tuning of vajnast's real nav mod, so NO can plot search patterns (me not). It's needed let enabled commands for ploting patterns and one "return to course" one, because NO is not returning to course automaticaly after ploting of the pattern. For me is boring drive uboat in patrol grid and drive search pattern by myself and traveling through Kiel kanal too. So i have near land TC set to 1024 and using NO autopilot patterns for Kiel kanal route. For real nav friendly people i want prepare buoy way at the Brunsbuttel side of canal which will navigate you to right position from where to let plot NO route back to Kiel. I think it's good compromise between reality and fun in game. In fact, captain is not working all work alone, for this boring jobs have his officier, isn't it? :-)

Last edited by JeromeHeretic; 04-26-13 at 01:30 AM.
JeromeHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote