View Single Post
Old 01-16-13, 06:32 AM   #40
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

For those of you who like to barrel-roll in the sky above WWII-torn Europe, the Battle of Britain II has just gotten a new upgrade, version 2.12.

http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/...db28013ae83489

Don't ask me about it, I have it no longer installed. But when I had, it was easily the best - and numerically most overwhelming - WWII-air simulation I have ever played. And quite difficult to fly, maintaining situational awareness, spotting enemy planes and keeping an eye on them, and getting along with the physically very correct flightmodels is a very different ballgame here than it is in more game-like IL-2. I admit I sucked in dogfights in this - no fault of the game, but incompetence by me. The title also offered me the biggest air battles and the largest sky armadas since European Air War, plus campaign mode with live command room coverage with you sitting at the big map and giving orders for your squadrons and airfields.

---

Beside that note, it seems I have moved out completely of air combat titles. I have downloaded again the latest Falcon BMS version, wanting to check if now it works more stable for me than two or three years ago. But I still have not felt like wanting to get into it. - When I even ignore my once oh so beloved Falcon, than my life indeed has changed. All my flying today is centred exclusively on FSX.