View Single Post
Old 02-25-17, 08:15 PM   #16
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Did yet another Win10ectomy. Now upgraded to Windows 7 and working well. The person I did it for is ecstatic. The Geek Squad told her it was impossible. Hehehehehehe!

You know, the strange thing is that if I applied to work at the Geek Squad they'd say I wasn't qualified, but I know much, much more than they do. Something is fatally wrong with modern hiring practices, where abilities are worthless and pieces of paper are what gets you the job. I'm glad I'm not 20. I hate working for stupid people.
I think you are missing the point. The Geek Squad is in the business to sell you a new computer. I know a computer shop which gets computers from the geek squad and they have been intentionally disabled by them when a customer brings them in for repairs. A common practice of theirs is to partially remove the memory modules from their sockets and tell the customer their computer is bad.

A woman I know purchased her computer from them as a cost of $ 1800 dollars. a year and a half later she was told later her hard drive was bad and the computer was beyond repair and they sold her another unit. I looked over her unit and discovered the hard drive was fine but that was after she had purchased a new computer.

I took my computer to them and intentionally disabled it. I wanted to see if they could identify the " issue it was having having " They lied to me telling me it had viruses and the computer was done for. I then asked how they could have performed the testing they said they did since I intentionally disabled it. They just gave me back my computer and the manager and tech had nothing more to say.

They are not stupid, just completely dishonest.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote