View Single Post
Old 12-03-18, 08:23 PM   #6
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
I'm sixty-eight right now. People younger than myself are dying of "natural causes". Of course we can die any time via an accident, but that's unexpected and hopefully pretty sudden.

With all that I find myself pretty well resigned to it. It's going to happen, no matter how much we might desire to avoid it.

I used to believe in an afterlife, and a pretty specific one. Then one day I went looking for evidence, and after a couple of decades I still haven't found any. That's why the call it "unknown". Nobody knows anything about it, though many claim they do. You can speculate, you can guess, you can wish, you can hope, but you can't know. Those who claim they do I consider to be deluded. I too wish there was something more, but the more I look for anything to indicate that it might be true, the less I find.

Well the way I look at it is if believers are wrong then they'll never know it and neither will the non believers ever know that they were right. On the other hand if the believers turn out to be right then both sides will know who was right and who wasn't.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote