View Single Post
Old 10-11-11, 06:51 PM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Three more tips.

FSX needs frames set to unlimited in order to acchiueve fastest texture reload, however, that leads to huge jumps in frame rates and directs more calculation power to frames than maybe is needed, witgh theressources for that lacking elsewehre. So the recommendation is to fix frames via an external tool to 30 frames. I used fps-limiter. IU now have a fixed framerate of 30 but still maximum terxture loading speed that FSX can get on my system. V-snych can be deactivated with such frames.

Antialias and Ansitropic filtering should be set in the GPU driver, not in the sim'S options.

I tried out an online automatic fsx.cfg modificator. You send your config, give some info on your system, they then modify the config file and set it up for download, and you can get it and replace the original default one with the modified version. I need to create some critical frame situations to see how big the improvements are, and the effects may vary on systems, so everybody should check and see for himself. The author is posting in the Avsim forums and seems to be a well-known guru there, or am I wrong?

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html