View Single Post
Old 09-15-15, 10:15 AM   #49
TrangleC
Nub

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default hello

Hi. My name is Chris.

I'm not technically a SH5 player yet, but I ordered the game at Amazon and am awaiting its arrival any day.

I have been playing "Aces Of The Deep" in the old pre-Pentium days, on my "486" CPU PC and later "Tom Clancy SSN" and have enjoyed both games.

A few days ago, one of my favorite Youtubers uploaded a Let's Play video of him playing "Silent Hunter 3" and I commented that it is a pity that submarine simulations seem to be a dead genre, because I hadn't heard anything about new submarine games coming out in the last 10 years or so. Somebody told me then that "Silent Hunter 5" exists and is relatively recent and I was immediately interested, because the ability to walk around on your submarine and interact with the crew was always something I had been missing in those older games and SH 5 looked very good.

I was also told though that the game is horribly buggy and apparently almost unplayable, so that cooled down my interest immediately again, of course.

Then somebody else said there is a mod pack that fixes the game and makes it playable and I should search for "Sober Mega Mod", which is what brings me here.

Now that I looked into the description of the mod pack, it seems though as if it changes a lot about the game and I'm not really interested in stuff like having more mines in ports or changing the mission criteria from tonnage to date and stuff like that.

I just want a well running, bugg-less version of the original game, that is all.

Are there mods or mod packs that do just that, fix the game without changing it significantly?

I'd be grateful for any advise in that direction.
Thanks.
TrangleC is offline   Reply With Quote