Thread: Opinions wanted
View Single Post
Old 08-21-06, 04:07 PM   #17
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

You said the default missions are tough, and some of them are indeed, and they are also quite huge in size. I recommend you learn to use the editor early, and edit them to your linking (change playable vehicles to you favourite tanks, for example). Also, focus on missions where you only play one platoon alone, or add an occasional reinforcement. It takes some time to get a feeling for right timing in SBP, reading the maps, and see tactical surprises in advance, so don't be too demanding to yourself. Practice a lot, and piece by piece remove again what you have added before as help. there are two missions that I recommend to play often and repeatedly, until you master them blindly, that is especially the "Platoon Recconaissance" that will randomize the enemy setup so that it plays differently each time (I edited it to allow per trigger what kind of tanks I use for the match), and the "Stryker Ambush", that allow you to train management of a very small, mobile force. The Byto-scenarios are not too difficult too, but already very immersive, and larger scale operation. These three are my favourites of the default missions that come with SBP.

if you use a HOTAS, spend some time and thought on the command profile you develope. A clever setup really pays off. You can find yourself in need of wanting to do things as quickly like a dogfighting combat pilot, eventually, and without thinking about how to do them.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-21-06 at 04:09 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote