View Single Post
Old 05-06-14, 10:57 PM   #11
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akotalaya View Post
well i read that boats that were made even in the early 1900's before the s-boat could get a range of around 100 nm, even the worst could get up to around 60 nm! but the s-boat as cool as it is...25 nm...
The range means little without knowing the specified speed. I'm not sure where you get the 25 nm figure. 20 hr. @ 5 kt. is 100 nm. This is actually a very high level of submerged performance.
[It occurs to me you might be referring to actual game performance. In any case, battery capacity/charging is really messed up in the game. Fortunately, Ducimus thought of a fix for this. Otherwise, one must just accept a poor level of performance. Sad that the game was released with these sorts of bugs.]

Designers were forced to accept that they had to compromise submerged performance to achieve surface performance, or vice-versa. The S-class were designed for high underwater speed, and almost all successive classes in WWII were designed for surface performance.

Quote:
I test every new sub on 1st patrol and determine these numbers. Then I know for sure where I stand when the battle starts heating up.
I used to do that in SHCE.

Last edited by TorpX; 05-06-14 at 11:10 PM. Reason: added comment in yellow
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote