Thread: Vive Demo
View Single Post
Old 08-20-16, 08:51 PM   #10
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

We've toyed with the idea of VR as Unreal supports it quite well but you still hit a few problems

a) its expensive, steam survey last month said less than 1% of gamers had ANY form of VR headset

b) it requires high FPS, up to 90 fps for the Vive (or so I'm told) to run smoothly, which for a video game, requires expensive hardware or a terrible looking game

c) it requires developing either a) a vr game or b) a regular game.
// Take doom for example. They couldnt magically "turn" Doom into a VR game so they created a seperate game full of random levels where you point and shoot and use a "slow motion teleportation" technique to move since you cant really walk around in a VR game very well yet without well.. runninginto a wall. You can look around sure, but movement has not been figured out yet.

d) A lot of people and companies, myself and mine included, think its a fad just like 3D movies.

... and more.

Looks cool though regardless, I just hope Neal and the boys didnt spend money on brand new fancy Vives jsut to create a "U-boat Bridge Simulator"