View Single Post
Old 05-29-17, 04:28 PM   #8
Able72
Captain

Downloads: 299
Uploads: 0

Yeah, new problem introduced.

I did once, after installing the game to my wife's computer, then copying the file to mine, ran the .exe and got the activate screen, went to copy and past the key and now I can't run or find the .exe. Seems something decided I was trying to pirate the game and now I don't even have read permission for the file, even though I am an administrator on this laptop. I've tried repeating the whole process, uninstall SH4, reboot, install SH4, update with UBoat Missions, copy over the files from the installation on my wife's laptop, still get the "You don't have permission" error. Then when I go to look for the SH4.exe it isn't in the folder. I have hidden files and folders checked as visible, it just isn't there. I don't get it.

*edit*

Ok, so I've changed the temp folder location and uninstall and reinstalled. Still getting the issue with the procedure entry point that would seem to indicate that it didn't install correctly.

*edit*

If I try to run the UBoat Missions addon file a second time, it indicates that it has already installed 1.5.

*edit*

Ok, followed your suggestion. Got "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the item" and now the SH4.exe file is no longer visible in the folder and the shortcut says the file isn't there anymore. What the hell???

Last edited by Able72; 05-29-17 at 04:49 PM.
Able72 is offline   Reply With Quote