View Single Post
Old 03-25-11, 02:48 AM   #20
King_Zog
Soundman

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard313 View Post
well, the mod is installed, and everything seems to be running smoothly, no detectable slow-down unless i'm at port, which is nothing new and that happened in stock sh3. (Whoever made this thing deserves a medal btw.) I did find something rather....strange though.

I was midway though a patrol and I encountered a sort of ghost-ship, completely red in color with two light-posts on it, no flag of any colors. I watched it for a while and it never moved, just kind of sit dead in the water, so out of curiosity i fired two torpedoes at it, both of which struck their target, the ship broke in half and sank rapidly to the bottom of the ocean.

I checked the Captain's log to see if i got any tonnage from it, the kill wasn't recorded. *twilight zone music*
What you encountered sounds like a 'light ship', basically a ship that acts like a light house for use when it is impractical or too difficult to build one in the relevent location, you can read about them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_ship As far as I know GWX incorperates them just for added extra eye candy/immersion purposes and they are not 'game play' effecting, which is probably why you didn't receive any record of the sinking. Although it could have been a bug...

Edit: It's worth mentioning that like hospital ships, light ships were considered neutral during wartime by international treaties as they served a humanitarian purpose for the shipping of all nations. Although again much like hospital ships, this neutrality wasn't always respected and on occasion light ships were attacked and sunk during world war 2.

Last edited by King_Zog; 03-25-11 at 03:18 AM.
King_Zog is offline   Reply With Quote