View Single Post
Old 05-05-19, 03:59 PM   #1555
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethescot View Post
I thought I might try the Stiebler 4C V16B1 and the Stiebler Options Selector for use of the Wolf Patrol. However, it says not to attempt to edit files if you're not good at such things. I'm not. I'm afraid I'll screw my computer up if I try something like that. So, my question is: is there a 4gb patch, and everything already edited in the V16B1 that can be installed with JSGME?
The wolf patrol sounds like it would add a whole new level to NYGM. Just wondering.
NYGM files come already edited for the wolfpack option. Specifically, the NYGM_2017a patch has it in it's campaign.scr file.
Most of the instructions in his patch are for those not using NYGM. The 4gb patch is part of the options selector and gets applied via it.
Even so, it wouldn't screw up your computer, just the game files.

1. Patch your sh3.exe file with Hsie's patch. Do not run the option selector in his folder.
2. Copy this .exe file to the Stiebler patch folder and patch it with his patch.
3. Now run the option selector in the Stiebler folder and choose what you want. If you're going to do wolf packs, choose both wolfpack options.
4. Copy the .exe file into Stiebler's "add on......" folder.
5. Copy the Hsie "supplement to...." folder from his patch, and the Stiebler folder from step #4 into your game's mods folder.
6. Enable both via JSGME, Hsie first.

And you're correct; wolf packs are really cool in the game.