View Single Post
Old 12-05-14, 04:16 AM   #9
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

I've been having difficulty with my internet connection.

For a short while, I can make a contribution to the radar rotation problem first mentioned by Makman94.

First, Anvart is correct. H.sie's radar fix in hard-code prevents the immediate rotation of the radar on loading the game, and therefore the player can now see that the original alignment of the radar was wrong. I do not know how to correct it.

Second, thanks to SquareSteelBar (nice to see you're still around, helping out as usual!) for jogging my memory of Anvart's special NYGM_DFa_UpDownRot mod (for NYGM 2.4, if I recall correctly). This works very well with the current version (3.6) of NYGM, and I should have installed it long ago.

Even more interesting (for me) was that I have a hard-code fix that enables the radars FuMO29 and FuMO30 to be placed correctly on conning towers for types VIIB, VIIC, IXB, IXC, IXD2 (all conning tower variants). I made a post about this more than a year ago, but it requires use of modified turms, and very few other users wanted to give up their speciality turms made by other modders. Therefore I have never released the hard-code fix.

However, my modified turms were fixed for Anvart's old radar rotation model, whose name I can not now recall, and the DF aerials did not rotate for some of the new turms.

I have now made the same fixes for Anvart's "NYGM_DFa_UpDownRot" mod package, and now everything works just fine! You did a good job, Anvart! I must remember to add this (your) mod to the next upgrade of standard NYGM.

But the changes to the turms are still of no general use without the hard-code fix, of course.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote