Old 09-08-17, 07:22 PM   #17
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
can you explain more about the privacy issues with chrome

and does it have the same issues as the others with not working with all websites?

im not going to be running multiple browsers I know that much, my OCD wont allow it
Unlike Microsoft, Google gives you full access to their data mining options, even including the option not to be tracked for targeted ads at all. You will still see ads, they just won't be all about travel to Bermuda just because six months ago you were clickbaited into looking at a site on Bermuda. You can substitute stupider/more embarrassing ads that they inflict you with for months because you ended up somewhere you weren't the least bit interested in once months ago.

You can also retain targeted ads, but cancel your old identifying number and be issued a brand new one if you want. Just look at the difference between a Gmail account and a Hotmail/MSN Mail/somekindaOutlook online e-mail account. The Microsoft ones are infested with all manner of spam, clickbait and scams. Gmail stays clean. Says something about the inherent integrity of the underlying company. Microsoft and Google are NOT equivalent.

Even so, that's one of the reasons I run Vivaldi.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote