View Single Post
Old 02-28-13, 11:15 PM   #7
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRivet View Post
But what if you play it and you find it somewhat enjoyable? enjoyable enough to pay the umpteen dollars a month to play it.
As I said in my earlier post, If it's fun enough to play, I'll play it. It's my understanding that there won't be a monthly fee to play it, which is good because that is something I will never do. Well, mostly not. I'll see how ROF works out when I finally have a computer that will run it.

Quote:
Assume now that you play it with the longevity by which you have enjoyed Silent Hunter III for example

does the gaming experience you had with Silent Hunter Online warrant paying for a modded SH3 5 times over? 10 times over? so on?
No. If it was a perfect sim that allowed the same gameplay that SHII and Destroyer Command had? Maybe. I'd have to see before I could answer that.

All that said, just from what I've seen I'm already fairly well convinced that it's not the kind of game that will hold my interest for long.

Quote:
it appears that the free is the hook, but to be very enjoyable or competitive with other players - there lies the line and sinker... the very reason i sunk a whole 10 minutes game time into World of Tanks and never looked back.
No. If the game was interesting to me I might be convinced to pay to have other sub types, but that would be a one-time event. Pay to get goodies sooner? No. I don't care for "competitive" games. Adversarial play? Sure, but not competing against other players on the same side. Not only is that about as unrealistic as you can get, but it doesn't appeal to me at any personal level.