View Single Post
Old 12-14-17, 09:50 AM   #465
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

*** FEEDBACK ***

I have installed the whole package of WAC 5.01 with JSGME as follows after applying the 4GB RAM patch:

WAC 5.0 main mod
WAC 5.01 patch
Campaign Atlantic/Baltic
Widescreen patch from Ahnenerbe

First, I have problems starting the game in my Windows 7 Pro x64, i7 4ghz, 16GB RAM, GPU GTX 960 4GB. I get the Engine 3D error (not initializing.)
I then edit the main.cfg file to set the highest supported SH3 resolution to 1280x1024. But I also have to change my desktop resolution to this value in order to start SH3.

With Ahnenerbe's widescreen mod enabled the interface is all ok at 1920x1080, also the U-Boat interior if I start the Navigation tutorial.
However, I find it cumbersome that I cannot go to the different U-boat compartments by simple clicking, with the cursor keys I can move around but not occupy a specific place, e.g. the sonar station or rising periscope etc, for that I must use the shortcut keys, so the interiors are beautiful but of no practical use, as far as I can see (I'm surely missing something).
Or do the changed interiors not appear in the tutorial missions? Also, if I deactivate Ahnenerbe's widescreen, there is absolutely no difference with the u-boat interiors except that now they are in 4:3 (or at my set 1280x1024?).

The 'Museum' doesn't work, it loads but the progress bar gets stucked and I have to kill SH3 with the Task Manager.

That's it for the moment, I will try to see if I can improve things on my rig by following the 'SH3 2014+' guide in the Help&Tips section.

Thanks for getting me a feedback of how to move within the U-boat without constantly using the arrow keys, I remember the stock version uses simple mouse clicks. (the station text like 'Sonar' , 'Periscope' etc. appear when I mouse-over a station, so by clicking again I should take that place with the same effect as using the shortcut key of that station). I remember that I had to deactivate the one new transit door for the sonar room in WAC 2.15 already in order to get easier steps within the boat.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 12-14-17 at 10:01 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote