View Single Post
Old 04-14-14, 07:22 AM   #515
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
Shaves a couple of miles off the range though. I've already downgraded the air defenses over a previous version for practice; trying to SEAD with the D/G is going to get you killed in any kind of "serious" scenario.
True. Though in any kind of serious scenario I'd send an aircraft with actual SEAD capabilities to take out the SAMs anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
So whatever mission we choose has to have some kind of setup of those, I know Schroeder doesn't like the Froggie, so finding some way to incorporate the Huey will be needed, perhaps as an SAR for whenever we get shot down. It's a shame that we can't program in something that prevents respawn until Schroeder can rescue you, although Raptor would have been completely SOL last night.
We can just decide that we don't respawn until rescued, there's no real need to actually script it. Though it would have been a lot more practical if downed pilots could move at a speed of slightly more than two snail-lengths per hour, so moving to a safe area on foot is more practical.

I think the problem with a dedicated SAR aircraft is that to justify it missions would have to be both long and deadly. Otherwise by the time rescue becomes necessary and is accomplished the mission is basically over.