View Single Post
Old 03-17-11, 04:19 AM   #83
Robin40
Chief

Downloads: 162
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
These I already tried. But the game just CTD when a DC explode. After some time looking at others possibilities to tie the bold effect, always without success, I start to think what I exposed above: probably the game donīt allow us to have a virtual full working objects that are primarely destinated to the player use (torpedo and bold), differentely from AI objects like bombs, DC, etc. In my tests any Ai object worked without problems. Only bold (I didnīt tested torpedos) lead to CTD.

Well, after hours and hours trying it i give up. But as we already saw here a lot of times, perhaps someone will finally find a way to do it in some moment in near future.

Edit: So, i guess that the problem is the player "ignition" routine. IIRC when we tried virtual torpedos, they had a fixed direction, making modded virtual torpedos unuseful, showing to us that something more is needed that is hardcoded (until now); seems now that the bold also needs some hidden routine to ignite it correctly...the game donīt find it and CTD. Just a guess...
Do you mean that DD's are not deaf when DC's are exploding?

Damn...I thought to use a tricky tactics to excape: when a DC explodes I increase speed to 3, then I stop engines when explosions cease
Robin40 is offline   Reply With Quote