View Single Post
Old 12-20-16, 08:32 PM   #18
agathosdaimon
Planesman

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRivet View Post
I hope to see something constructive done about or with the affordable care act.

rates, for literally every single person i personally know both on "Obamacare" and with employer provided health care has increased anywhere from 3 to 6 times over the past few years.

The health insurance in my family is provided through my wife's employer offered health care plan, we have received letter after letter about rate changes over the past couple of years.

i can personally guarantee that the first 25-30% of each of her work month goes just toward covering premiums and the cost is ridiculous. especially where i am concerned because prior to ACA, i had NO health insurance, no premiums, i literally always either paid cash for what few medical treatments or doctor visits i needed or signed up on a payment plan to pay $100 a month (or some other amount) until the debt was paid.

admittedly that was easy to do in my 20s and early 30s, and as age creeps up on us both health will certainly decline and paying cash becomes unreasonable or outright impossible.

but, the bottom line is, the government does something like pass the ACA to "help you" and then they end up bleeding you dry by pulling money out of your check.

------

next up, congressional term limits, congressmen (and women for the sake of being pc ) get elected and then they end up keeping their seats for 40 and 50 years simply because it is human nature to resist change... well, the cornerstone of progress is change, get them in, let them innovate with fresh ideas for 4 or 6 years and then push em out!

------

remove the golden parachute

put all of the congressional leaders on social security, remove the lifetime income guarantee, and require all congressional leaders to be on the same health care plan as is offered by the government. period. remove the first class citizen status these idiots have

I think quite simply they are going to gut Obamacare and not look to replace it for a while - that might take years even - - even though trump had mentioned a while back in passing he likes some parts, i cant imagine that he is going to really stick with that, when he flips on everything else and it is not even in line iwth the GOP who despise anything that isnt controlled by private interests looking for a profit and driven by some quite backward and disturbing ideologies sadly.

affordable quality health care is not impossible - most developed countries have it no problems - we have it in australia, where it is a mix of public and private and that works well, i think most australians are happy to pay the fraction they do into medicare.

All the ideology aside though there are inevitable problems - if the population is aging, getting sicker and needing more regular care, also if the overall health of a population declines - evident with the rise in junk food consumption and obesity levels in the western world in the recent decade, and also access to fresh food, clean air and clean water

-one thing i am very concerned for my US friends about is that Trump and the people he has gathered want to eliminate the EPA - this is madness really, - getting rid of regulatory bodies pretty much guarantees the further contamination of water supplies
- and this is already a big issue in the USA - not just Flint, but in many other cities where lead levels are even higher as it has been found now

and if you want to see what air quality looks like with no regulations on pollution just look at China now, where the air pollution is so bad that even flights are ground, and similarly in Delhi.

It is galling and beyond disturbing the kind of apocalyptic levels of insanity that are being harnessed to form the Trump admin - slipping into very dark dark places.