View Single Post
Old 12-20-16, 07:43 PM   #16
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

I hope to see something constructive done about or with the affordable care act.

rates, for literally every single person i personally know both on "Obamacare" and with employer provided health care has increased anywhere from 3 to 6 times over the past few years.

The health insurance in my family is provided through my wife's employer offered health care plan, we have received letter after letter about rate changes over the past couple of years.

i can personally guarantee that the first 25-30% of each of her work month goes just toward covering premiums and the cost is ridiculous. especially where i am concerned because prior to ACA, i had NO health insurance, no premiums, i literally always either paid cash for what few medical treatments or doctor visits i needed or signed up on a payment plan to pay $100 a month (or some other amount) until the debt was paid.

admittedly that was easy to do in my 20s and early 30s, and as age creeps up on us both health will certainly decline and paying cash becomes unreasonable or outright impossible.

but, the bottom line is, the government does something like pass the ACA to "help you" and then they end up bleeding you dry by pulling money out of your check.

------

next up, congressional term limits, congressmen (and women for the sake of being pc ) get elected and then they end up keeping their seats for 40 and 50 years simply because it is human nature to resist change... well, the cornerstone of progress is change, get them in, let them innovate with fresh ideas for 4 or 6 years and then push em out!

------

remove the golden parachute

put all of the congressional leaders on social security, remove the lifetime income guarantee, and require all congressional leaders to be on the same health care plan as is offered by the government. period. remove the first class citizen status these idiots have