View Single Post
Old 01-06-09, 01:24 AM   #29
Killjoy12
Watch

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

Have you given any thought to centralizing the location of JSGME such that it can be used by multiple games with only one installation of JSGME? What I'm thinking is something along the lines of

* A single installation of JSGME, say in C:\Games\JSGME
* Allow the user to register one or more games. Note that this can be as simple as the game name and its associated game path that gets saved in a master ini file.
* The user can then pick a game to work with from the list of registered games.
* The mods for that game would continue to reside in the MODS folder located in the appropriate game folder, and all existing functionality continues to work as it does today.

What I wish for is a single installation of JSGME. I find that I have about six or seven copies in various game folders that I need to update with each upgrade. Not a big deal, but since we're talking nice-to-haves, it would be nice-to-have. So I could just start JSGME from one location, and via a drop down, pick a game to work with from the list of "registered" games that I have created.

Just a thought.... Thanks for listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones
FYI again, for v3.0 I'm looking at totally re-doing the interface. The current interface is 10 years old. So, if you have any suggestions on improved layout/presentation, pls let me know. Alternatively, if you are just peachy with it as it is now, just let me know.