Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed150mph View Post
I haven't played around with the fancy american subs
which one you have in mind?

Quote:
(...) but in RA mod when I'm playing my Akula,
All akulas in RA are "fancy", i hope RA 1.42 will change that.

Quote:
I'm trying to be stealthy, I'm down to 5 knots. But I set my speed based on the situation and what I'm up against. If I'm running against an old noisy Han running at full speed, I have no issue running at 10 knots. If I'm up against a seawolf or a 212 at fairly close range. I'm down to 3 knots and have my ears on him waiting to see a transient spike or the whine of a torpedo.
very common tactic that makes you easy prey for experienced and coordinated ASW forces.
Do you slow down when your target increases distances (with high speed) to your sub? In my opinion you loses opportunity to engaging.

I wonder what is your tactic when your task is screening allied surface group which transit 10-15 kts?

Quote:
But then again, I'm also not the greatest sub captain in history, and have to bless the speed and acceleration of russian SSNs for getting me out of my messes.
Scenarios where main task is simple but surviving is not (for example: staying alive in next 1 hour after sinking main target) are my favorite!
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote