Thread: [WIP] Lighthouses mod
View Single Post
Old 12-30-18, 05:22 PM   #684
JeromeHeretic
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 266
Uploads: 0

Registration to forum doesn't work to me. E-mail with code never come...

BTW: Also exist 20km unfficial patch for GWX: ftp://Maik:Woelfe@hartmuthaas.no-ip....phere_Unood.7z

Try it too... Im not sure now, but i have strong feeling, that in one, or in second environment is not changed values for visibility in binoculars and so (it's in zones.cfg i think.. not sure when i try remember now).
So... in case of some problems you can diff this files and get correct one, or just change needed values.

And THX for that link, but i already know it. :-) I have ready list with about 2000 lighthouses (but still there are bugs, i know it and slowly repairing) and written scripts for automatic generating of LND.mis, locations.cfg, SCR.mis. (because script recognition lightouses and lightboats)
I'm only waiting if you both will finish some more lighthouses, so i can generate world with different lighthouses on different places. Now i'm using just one lighthouse and GWX lightboats.

When we are talking about this, i have few ideas, but i don't know how to do it. Sure it is possible, but maybe it is needed for every mutation add new dat file to game, so only some reduced amount of variations is possible to add to game.
But if it is possible, i think it will be enough even in this reduced form.

I was looking to previously posted page: http://www.sailingissues.com/navcourse9.html and i got idea, that i like to have:

- Lighthouse with red light (as a marker to port side of route into the ports)
- I think, that "common" lighthouse used in game can be lighthouse which i have, with normal, long blinking white light.
But on the long coastal lines, where are a lot of lighthouses in some distances i want sometimes some specific lighthouse, from
which i can recognize where exactly i am. I know it already from transatlantic travels, that error of my position after transatlantic route is so big, that even if i find a lighthouse on horizont, im never sure which one it is...
So... idea is have few "morse" blinking lighthouses. I think that 4 "bit" table must be enough for everyone.
So when we look into morse code table, there are this possibilities for lighthouses:
B -...

C -.-.

F ..-.

H ....

L .---

Q --.-

V ...-

X -..-

Y -.--

Z --..
With lighthouse which i already have (lets call him "slow blinker") and when can be speed of blinking changed to quick, we have table of 12 unique lights (+ red one)!

So when i get the markings from that page, we can have FL, Q, MoB, MoC, MoF, MoH, MoL, MoQ, MoV, MoX, MoY, MoZ and Iso R.
Now question for you is, if it is possible? (Im sure just only about changing color of light, even if i don't know how to do it.)

EDIT:
Ah yes, i almost forget. In GWX are tugboats near lightboats. This is not looking much realistic, but it is great idea, because when you go on high TC and watch crew see a ship, TC falls to 1, so you know that you are near that lightboat!
Would be nice, if can be implemented, that watch crew reactions on lighthouse is the same as for ship. (Daesn't matter if crew say "ship spotted", it's not important that lighthouse is not a boat, is important, that i know about it and that TC falls to 1)
Is this possible? (Im afraid not... because it is "land unit", but better ask, than be silent and lost this functionality if it is possible)

Last edited by JeromeHeretic; 12-31-18 at 09:05 AM.
JeromeHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote