View Single Post
Old 05-21-19, 06:03 PM   #8179
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Well, the Judy's behavior has always been "suspect" in FotRSU, very strange. It was one of the better planes of WW2, but only after multiple "upgrades". It almost looks like the one we have in FotRSU is an early model, and has a student pilot at the helm... Even when set to "Expert", it will crash during attacks. Not always, unless it's at night... Anyway, I created four quick & dirty test missions. One with the planes flying at 500 foot during daylight, another at night. One with the planes flying at 200 foot during daylight, another at night. Without fail, they would flyover my location and never see me at 120, 90 or PD of 62 foot. Never even bobbled on their way over. They were paralleling my path, just off center of me. I might do a few more with the plane coming at an angle, sun behind them, because I can see my boat from above rather easily, especially at PD... Anyway. no attacks. I was doing a 2nd run of the 200 foot at night mission, and the first plane went over me, no sign of noticing me, so I decided to put up the periscope for the 2nd... had barely gotten it up when "BOOM!!!" "We're taking damage sir!" "Bow tubes damaged sir!" "Medic!!!" - then there was a series of explosions... The aftermath:

First explosion results:

Damage taken, one torpedoman injured...

2nd (series) explosion:

Yes, those two little fire dots are the attacking Judy to the left, crashed on the water surface, and its fuel on fire behind it...

No "survivor" seen... Now, here's the thing... the first plane that missed me on the first overflight, did not miss seeing me the 2nd time... As I mentioned, I'll do some more testing on this, because it was uncanny how accurate these two were during the night hours. When the first plane attacked on its 2nd pass, he put the bomb right on me, apparently on the conning tower, because that was the end of the scenario. I was dead. Scopes were NOT up at the time... No radar on that first plane either, supposedly... Conclusion: once they've "seen" you, you're dead meat if you hang to that depth and route. An immediate course change and going deep is necessary - with the Judy anyway... more later

I am up to 1944 and I do not recall ever seeing a Judy. I couldn't tell you how many times I have patrolled at Bungo Suido without as much as a twitch from a plane. Now I have to go find one.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote