View Single Post
Old 02-03-18, 09:14 PM   #5753
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Creeper View Post
After a ~5ish year break from Silent Hunter I decided to install it again. In the past I mostly did RFB or TMO runs so I decided to spice it up a little and give FOTRS a go and so far I'm having a blast! My first patrol ended early because I decided to test out the 'flak shells' on the 20mm, missed horribly, and got a large bomb shoved where no submarine wants a bomb shoved.

The only thing that caused me any grief was the weird sound where the audio of my guns jumps up and down. I remember that being a bother back when I played with different mods way back though and it's really not that serious. Anyone know about that? I'm still getting used to using Subsim again; I tried looking around for info about it but couldn't find much. Apologies if this is one of those common easy to fix issues that get asked about every day
Glad you like it Soviet Creeper. I've not experienced any sound issues myself lately. Did you change any of the game settings for sound? Also, it "sounds" (bad pun) like you are referring to your own 20mm gun's sound effect going up and down in volume rather abruptly? Were you at the gun emplacement yourself, or were you on the bridge, and hearing the change in level as the gun rotated? It's a 3D FX sound, so that might be an issue for us to look into...

Do you have the LAA enabled on the SH4.exe file? See CapnScurvy's Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install thread. He wrote it specifically for Win10, but it'll work all the way back to Vista 64-bit with slight instructions alterations...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote