View Single Post
Old 05-29-10, 10:34 PM   #24
Plunger
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Great mod, conus! Thank you for this mod and to everyone involved, because I know that there are some other people here that made this mod possible. But I've encountered some serious problems:

First of all, it seems that some key commands are reversed. For example, in stock game and also in GWX, the {[ key of the keyboard means hard to portside, }] means hard to starboard, _- means view to heading and += means heading to view. In your mod, {[ is view to heading, }] is heading to view, _- doesn't work anymore at all and += is hard to starboard. And there may be more glitches like this one, but I haven't encountered them until now, and I hope that I won't.

Secondly, after I enable this mod, I play, I exit from the game and then I disable it, the sh3 editor doesn't work anymore, it shows me a black image, the program is starting, but when I try to load a map or a mission, the image is a big black. And also, the "stock" GWX loading screens are disappearing, it's just black. The game itself works, but this mod somehow affects my game in an irreversible way, although theoretically I think that shouldn't happen with Generic Mod Enabler. But it seems that it does. So, every time after I enable and disable your mod I have to reinstall the game to be OK, like it was before.
Update: I've found the problem and also the solution: after I disable this mod, there is one "trace" left: d3d9.dll file in the main game folder (although I think that file along with d3d9.ini should remain only in MODS/Conus' SH3GWXWS 2.3 folder after disabling the mod), if I delete that file both sh3 editor and loading screens are working again!

And the third, about the resolution problem: I am using I am using Windows 7 64 OS, Sapphire ATI Radeon 5770 1024GB GPU, 22 inch Acer P223W monitor, VGA connectivity with a VGA to DVI adapter, on a native resolution of 1680X1050, with no option of scaling in ATI Catalyst Control Center (10.3), because I've encountered a problem on ATI Catalyst 10.4. For example, on 10.4, on the resolution 1360 * 768 the game has distorted circles, like a standing egg (not like the "usual ones" in this game, the horizontal sleeping eggs, but when I try to play the game in 10.3, the image is not distorted anymore. So , here's what I do: First, I change my monitor resolution to 1360 * 768, and only after that I am starting the game, if I start the game with my monitor having 1680X1050, the game is stretched from lateral sides when it's changing to the 1360 * 768 in the game. Anyway, this is a compromise solution, but it works, this is the most important thing. Fortunately, I don't have any problems when loading Museum ...

Am I the only one that encountered these problems?

Last edited by Plunger; 05-29-10 at 11:18 PM.
Plunger is offline   Reply With Quote