View Single Post
Old 07-18-16, 12:26 PM   #764
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Not registering on the SD. I only get a visual from the crew. But I do get SD radar contacts of planes spawned by the game itself.

Welcome back, Capn. Hope you enjoyed you're weekend?
Thanks, had a family reunion to attend.

"Not registering on the SD"?

The only things the stock SD radar is capable of....are two things. Displaying a plane icon on the Navigation Map and reporting to you in the message text box that a plane has been spotted. One of those has been removed by FOTRS due to them thinking the plane icon was giving too much away by showing on the Nav Map. So, they put a blank plane image in its place (I've yet to understand why modders remove functions from the game when all that's necessary is for a player to set their options to do the same thing!!). Other than that, the two stock radar screens....A-Scope or PPI, were not designed to show a plane.

My radar screens will show a plane, but that's only after I changed the SJ sensor capabilities. Both A-Scope and PPI screens work off of the same SJ radar parameters......not the SD radar sensor. Their two different things.

One thing you should be aware of with my radar screens. The PPI has a maximum range of 80,000ft. The A-Scope has a shorter maximum range of 60,000ft. One will show a plane at a longer distance when the other will not show anything. But...... both use the SJ sensor parameters, while the SD sensor parameters are only going to give you a heads up within the message text box. The only way to get a plane to show on the PPI/A-Scope screen is to have the SJ radar antenna above the water level (go to Radar Depth at least). Raising the SD Antenna while submerged will not display a plane on the two SJ screens.....it will only get you a message text stating a plane has been spotted.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 07-18-16 at 12:43 PM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote