View Single Post
Old 05-29-11, 01:08 PM   #1358
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
During my jog I had an idea, but I still cannot say if it's a good one or not. If I'm informed right, wolfpack Uboats didn't see each other (with one exception: "Thooomsen, mensch Leute, das ist Thooomsen!").

So we don't need any visible AI-Uboat models at all. So what is required to simulate a virtual wolfpack attack?

• We must be able to apply damage to surface ships in render range (maybe possible) in order to simulate torpedo hits.
  • We must be able to send special BDU-messages at any time (maybe possible) in order to simulate BDU coordinating an attack.
  • We must be able to analyse the contact report of the player Sub (maybe possible) in order to inform the BDU of an convoy.
  • We need to program an (simple) AI for the BDU to coordinate the attack and for some virtual wolfpack subs sending some random success- or contact messages.
This is just an idea. None of those 4 points above is impossible if one is able to modify the sh3.exe. I don't want to make anyone hungry. But I'm very much interested to start to see what is possible and what is not.
All this sounds very interesting....!

I´m looking forward to more information and maybe Test-Results !

Best regards,
Magic