View Single Post
Old 05-29-18, 07:08 PM   #8
otavioacopatti
Swabbie

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0
Default And the radio intercepts on map?

Hello, fellow kaleuns! I've been researching for a little problem that I'm facing at TWoS that is related to the question of this thread: I've just turned off the map contact update, and by doing so I can't have the info on the heading of contact intercepts that appear on the nav map from time to time (specifically those that don't produce a radio report in captain's log or in the radio messages section), since only the speed and the distance to the contact are described, but no course/direction.

For instance, in SH3 there was a list of information when you clicked in the contact icon: Type, course and speed. In SH5/TWoS the only way to know that (as far as I can tell) was by plotting a course, since it would show the projected path of the contact in the map. But with the map contact update off, I can only get the speed and distance to the contact in that "item description" box and without contact's course, they're useless.

I'm not using RealNav, and my mod list is just 3 from those that came with TWoS: interior food stocks, map contact colors and remove sub flags.

Do you know any way to solve this? Perhaps bringing back the tail of the contact's icon or some text description of contact's course (i.e. "Course: x") or anything? I'll appreciate any ideas on this!

PS: Sorry for bad english, it's not my native language .
otavioacopatti is offline   Reply With Quote