View Single Post
Old 06-02-12, 03:00 PM   #28
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Let's try this. Open the file: SHReport4_0.ini using Notepad. Right click on it, select Open With, select Notepad.

If that Mouse menu doesn't work, open Notepad and Navigate to your My Documents SH4 Saved Games folder and using File Name: "All files (*.*)" - NOT - "Text Documents (*.txt) open the SHReport4_0.ini file that way.

This must be done with a text editor, not Word or Wordpad.

Looking at your screenshot to get your path I think Yours should look like this:
Quote:
SubRonName=14
ComandersName=Name
Rank=LTCDR
PatrolArea=Dummy
ModdedOn=true
HtmlOn=false
TorpedoDataOn=true
SectionSpacesOn=true
WeatherDataOn=true
GetWarningsOn=true
GetordersOn=true
GamePath=D:\GRY\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific
You could copy this and paste it into yours and use it - if I got the path right.

Your sh4.exe or gu.exe is in your Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific folder right? Right click on your game shortcut and under Properties - Target - it will show where your sh4.exe or gu.exe file is.

The folder that has the sh4.exe or gu.exe is the folder we need in the ini file.
"D:\GRY\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific\sh4.exe"

Disclaimer:
Before anyone gets upset with me for making simple instructions I am also writing this for 'somebody' in the future who may not know these things. This way if they do a search and find this post they will have simple instructions that they can understand. Someone in a post up there blew a gasket at me for explaining to a future novice. Please do not get offended or upset!

Good luck :)

Last edited by aanker; 06-02-12 at 08:12 PM.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote