Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNeuro"Serbia"
How do u add a ships names in the sh commander. I will liek too add same names too but dont have a slaytes idea.:hmm:
SH3 Commander gives names to ships you sink, including merchants. To add names, look in the Program Files/SH3 Commander/Cfg folder and you'll see the 'Ship Names' file. There are many different lists, such as Liberty and Victory ships, and all the game's warship classes, but the biggest list is the first one 'GenericMerchantsAndTankers'. It already has almost 4000 names on it. To add your own go to the bottom of the list and add them. With that many names already, though, don't expect them to come up much on the names of ships you sink

What I'm doing is a big research project, the goal of which is to classify every single merchant according to type and size, and do away with the 'Generic' list altogether. It's taking time, but I have recieved help and encouragement from different people, and it's coming along nicely.
I have a site that lists every merchantman that was lost in WWII (def every British, not 100% sure of other nations) in datal order and includes: Date, Name, Type, Gross Tons, Cause of loss, How Lost and remarks.

Merchant vessels 29,180
Fishing vessels 814

Total vessels lost 29,994

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote