View Single Post
Old 02-28-09, 12:52 PM   #48
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
I'll think i join the Meeting too.

I'll drive by car from Wilhelmshaven via Hamburg to Copenhagen so i may pick up guys at the airport. U-995 is on the way so it should be possible to visit it on the way to Copenhagen or back to Hamburg - i did so 2 years ago:
Lurchi, I hope you will attend, we need to have as many people as possible, and since this is right next to Germany, come on

I really like the idea of flying in to Hamburg on the morning of Sept 16 and sharing a ride with a German to Laboe, then on to Copenhagen. This is similar to what we did in the Amsterdam meeting; me and two other Americans flew into London, Nemesis (a Brit) picked us up, and we traveled across the channel, through nrothern France and spent the first night in Ghent. Then we went on to Amsterdam. I really love to get away from the city and airport and see the country. I have seen very little of Germany, it would be wonderful to go some distance on the ground We will see which Americans and Canadians are coming, how many want to share this idea, and who/how many Germans are interested too. And not only Germans, but French, Italians, and Dutch may drive through Hamburg to Laboe/Copenhagen. Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe
Neal (and others considering visiting Laboe),

you might want to consider flying to Hamburg, going with the train to Kiel (ca. 1,5 hours) and again with the train to Kopenhagen (around 5 1/2 hours). Trains from Hamburg to Kiel are going around every hour, from Kiel to Kopenhagen I think there are around 5 connections a day. Just a hint. Here is a trip planner from the Deutsche Bahn:

http://www.bahn.de/international/view/en/index.shtml

Anyway, I still don`t know if I`ll make it to the subsim meeting, but if some are planning to meet in Laboe I might meet you there, since it`s only 30 km from here.

Greets

Z.
Thanks for the trip planner, Zakalwe. I'm checking it out now.

Hope you will make the meeting,
Neal