Default Is anyone still on this thread?

My specs:
i5 4690k oc to 4.6 ghz
win10 64 bit
2x HD6950s crossfired
480gb SSD
8gb RAM
750w

I have a crashing issue with the uboat add on, after a short time of game play new and old saves crash my computer. loading old ones result in immediate crash, new saves, my last one I deployed to the Solomon islands (i think), encountered a convoy, dived, took out a few ships, went to free cam to see last torpedo hit, when I went underwater to view near enemy ship, crashes computer. this is just one example, many similar others where crashing happens after 20-30 min of gameplay. Never installed or tried to use mods on SH4; could a mega mod help or will base game crashing mean any mod added wont help?

When the computer crashes, whole thing crashes. No CTD; i have to hard restart my computer. Multiple fresh re installs, of sh4 base then uboats, cccleaner used to clear registry, verified files of uboats, nothing stops the crashes. re installed video card driver. very annoying because in the past i rarely had problems with sh4.

These crashes are in american campaign of uboats add on; when i play the actual new campaign in uboats, I get the well known "unable to accelerate past 250x time compression with out getting like 1 fps after doing a bit of the campaign. this is why i switched to the american campaign to see if that did anything, but now i just get the crashing issue before I get far enough to see if the time compression bug is still there.

Im reinstalling sh4 base after deleting both to see if i have anyproblems with that, but id like to play the expansion so i can get the 1.5 update, and play the expansion I paid for. If anyone follows this, any pointers on which directions i should go to start sorting all this out?

Thank you much, fire
fireblade274 is offline   Reply With Quote