View Single Post
Old 10-10-17, 08:33 AM   #17
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Well, in SH4, the Game / Data / Sea / Ship / Ship.cfg file has the "stats" for the vessel, though they don't use most of those in the game, and they are not accurate, as you've discovered. CapnScurvy, if he does an OTC mod for FotRSU, would most likely take the catalog of ships at that time, and attempt to find data that's more accurate for his mod. I have no idea what his "source" would be, but that's the only way to get the real info, is to research and gather. I'm sure any of the existing OTC mods would have a percentage of the vessels in FotRSU, though not all of them.
My "source" is the actual game itself. Nothing in a "real life reference book" can be used to replicate measurements if a game measurement is different than what the real world measurement is stated as. AND, that's exactly what you have with this game.

A meter is not a true meter, a yard does not measure 36 inches (3 feet), and so on. You're barking up the wrong tree to think you can use "real life" measurements with this game ,and add up to true accurate measurements......won't happen!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote